Certified Penetration Testing-CPT
About the Course:
This course teaches the fundamentals of penetration testing and will illustrate how to think like an attacker and use industry standard tools to perform penetration testing. The course is aligned with the CREST CRT technical syllabus.
Students will learn and perform the different phases of penetration testing assessments. The students will practice using Kali Linux and its tools to perform information gathering, target discovery and enumeration, Vulnerability mapping, social engineering, system exploitation, privilege escalation, and maintaining access to compromised systems. The students will also learn to report the results of their assessments.
All exercises unless noted otherwise are performed in an isolated online hosted testing lab.
Who Should Attend
This course will significantly benefit any professionals who are involved in the areas of:
- Information Risk
- IT audit. Information Security
- as well as new individuals wanting to begin a career in IT Security penetration testing
- Module 1: Introduction to Pen Testing
- Module 2: Pen Testing Engagement Lifecycle
- Module 3: The Basics
- Module 4: Information Gathering & Social Engineering
- Module 5: Target Discovery Fingerprinting & Enumeration
- Module 6: Vulnerability Mapping
- Module 7: Target Exploitation & Privilege Escalation
- Module 8: Maintaining Access & Covering Tracks
- Module 9: Web Pen Testing & Database Injection
- Module 10: Documentation, Reporting & Presentation